Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Please don't stop the rain.

"If it's gonna be a rainy day, there's nothing we can do to make it change. You can sing for sunny weather, but that won't stop the rain."
Ah. Rains. Who doesn't love rains? And when you're living in a city like Mumbai, you'll rarely find a person who hates the rainy season. After those bloody summer days, when you feel like you're sublimating, monsoon is the thing you look forward to the most. And to be honest, personally I prefer the "depressing" cloudy, grey days, unlike most people who love "cheerful" bright days. You may say I'm a depressed soul, but that's totally not the reason. Sometimes, the sunny weather makes me feel more exposed to the world, more vulnerable. On the other hand, the dark cloudy days feel like a much needed shield from all the exposure. Go figure. Maybe it's because, all my life I've been a bit of an introvert, staying to myself rather than with other people. "In my own world" you may say.
When I was a kid, monsoon was kind like a bittersweet season for me. Sweet cuz woohoo rains! And bitter cuz the start of monsoon also meant the start of The Bad Place, which was basically what I used to call school when I was little. Sigh. I miss those days. When the only worry you had was probably completing your homework. When the world seemed a lot more simpler and better than it does now. Every year, monsoon reminds me of school so much. Those days, those memories of school, seem so close, yet so far away. Those carefree days, when we played in the rains with all our friends, even though we knew we'd be screwed once we got home. And as we grew up, rains had a completely different meaning than that when we were kids. A walk in the rain, whether alone (for people like me), or with someone *ahem* is always priceless. Purposely forgetting to take your umbrella, just so that you can get drenched in the rain and have a lame excuse for it at home. Standing in the pouring rain, forgetting about the world around you. Losing yourself. That feeling. And when you're stuck inside your house for some reason, you always have your window for company. Watching the rain make the surroundings greener and greener. The sweet smell of mud, leaves, grass, flowers and everything nature has to offer, mixed together. Listening to all those slow, peaceful songs on your playlist. Lost in your thoughts. Relatable? I bet. Then there are the long drives during a heavy rain pour that are just unmatchable.
Sometimes I wish it would rain all year long, but then, that'll just take the preciousness out of it. Every year, I wait for monsoon to begin, and the wait just makes it even better.
So as the rains come back this year, I wish everyone has a great time and stay safe. :)











I should really get back to studying.
Au revoir!

Songs of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment